The job advertisement is for a Governance Specialist role within financial services for a global organisation. In this role, you will be responsible for managing corporate governance requirements. This involves overseeing various aspects such as compliance, reporting, regulatory obligations, shareholder management, and providing governance support to boards across multiple regions.
You will play a crucial role in the Subsidiary Secretariat and Governance Team, focusing on subsidiary board support, entity management, and report/account processes.
The key responsibilities of your role include:
- Drafting meeting documents
- Serving as Secretary for board meetings
- Executing governance processes
- Maintaining accurate statutory registers
- Managing statutory/regulatory filings
- Ensuring entities meet obligations and governance codes.
- Addressing governance queries and assisting the Subsidiary Company Secretary as needed.
You would ideally have relevant experience in Financial Services or a regulated industry and be willing to pursue qualifications as a certified or part/newly qualified company secretary. The candidate should excel in teamwork, communication, problem-solving, and adaptability.
Overall, the Governance Specialist role offers an opportunity to be a key member of the Secretariat team, contributing to the effective management of corporate governance for the group's subsidiaries. The role involves diverse responsibilities making it suitable for individuals with a strong regulatory and governance background in a dynamic and collaborative environment.