Chief Risk Officer - Banking - SMF4
Broadgate Search have been retained by an International Bank based in London, to appoint their new Chief Risk Officer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- SMF 4 holder - Senior Manager responsible for the Chief Risk Function supporting the Managing Director in advising the Board on Risk and Regulatory topics
- Ensuring the Bank has a dynamic Risk Management Framework (RMF) including Governance, Risk and Control Frameworks.
- Ensuring the Bank has appropriate governance approvals and is regularly maintained and updated.
- Compiling, assessing and reporting risk information to relevant Executive Committees, Board Committees and Board
- Identifying, monitoring and managing various risk types and profiles within the Bank and managing the risk appetite.
- Ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with, and responsive to, regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Maintaining strong relationships with the regulators
- To create, review and monitor effective risk management policies, control procedures, reporting systems and implement any necessary change where risk policies and procedures are deemed no longer fit for purpose.
- Provide oversight and constructive challenge of the Banks systems and controls in respect of risk management.
- Effective leadership of Risk Management team to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the employees and optimum performance of risk activities.
- To be responsible for the development, review and governance of the Bank's ICAAP, ILAAP and RRP, and for the validity and integrity of stress testing operations.
You will come with an:
- Strong technical knowledge with a proven track record of translating this into practical solutions for the Bank
- Leadership skills including the ability to manage risk and control activities in a financial operation and including an extensive understanding of Operational, Market, Liquidity, Credit and Conduct risk.
- Excellent communication skills and Presentation skills - the ability to present in a clear and concise manner to suit your given audience
- The ability to understand your own weaknesses, and be able to delegate, empower, monitor and lead the risk function.
- The ability to thrive whilst working under pressure and be driven by results
- The ability to liaise closely with senior management by conveying and explaining operational or business information fluently and coherently, in one-to-one and group situations.
- A strong ability to influence colleagues, third parties and senior management both in London and in Head Office
I really cannot speak highly enough about the way this Bank are focused on giving the successful candidate the chance to influence and shape the bank for the future.