Broadgate are working with a global insurance company to recruit for a Group Technical Accountant to join their team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Group Technical Accountant within the Group Financial Consolidation team. You will be responsible for technical accounting analysis contributing to the preparation of group financial statements and group accounting policy.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support in technical accounting analysis on the treatment under UK GAAP & IFRS for proposed initiatives including new products and transactions.
- Analyse impacts of new accounting standards on Group results and provide technical accounting support to any implementations.
- Prepare technical accounting papers for management and the auditors on transactions.
- Support preparation of Group financial statements.
- Qualified Accountant with 3+ years relevant practical knowledge and experience of UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong background in insurance accounting.
- Experience dealing with complex transactions and associated accounting.
- Keen interest in interpretation and application of accounting standards.
What's in it for you?
- Strong salary, bonus + amazing benefits package
- Hybrid working model
- Great career progression opportunities