Broadgate has partnered with a leading Asset Management firm (£4.2bn AUM) based in London to hire a Head of FP&A.
What you'll be doing
As part of this position, you will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, assuming a pivotal role in managing the FP&A team. You will serve as the CFO's trusted advisor, deeply analysing the underlying factors shaping the company's financial performance and identifying potential areas for improvement.
This role offers substantial visibility within the organisation. You will actively participate in the Commercial and Product Committees, engaging closely with Executive Committee members, especially during monthly reporting and budgeting processes. Additionally, you will have direct interactions with the Board, specifically concerning budgeting and key performance matters.
Furthermore, you will spearhead efforts to enhance the company's Business Intelligence capabilities. This will include refining and automating the production of key performance indicators (KPIs) to enable real-time decision-making. Your goal will be to elevate the FP&A processes, ensuring they are more insightful, accurate, timely, and efficient.
Budgeting and forecasting
- Taking charge of the five-year business plan, including implementing a structured update process before half-year reporting and consistently reviewing rolling forecasts to detect issues and opportunities early on.
- Producing high-quality board presentations and formal budget documents.
- Conducting scenario analysis using forecasting models to support strategic decisions, evaluate the impact of pricing changes, and assess responses to stress events.
- Participating in special ad-hoc projects as needed, such as conducting commercial analysis for planned capital market transactions, including new funding lines, refinancing, securitisation, and portfolio sales.
- Serving as a thought leader in shaping capital allocation and capacity planning for the business, working closely with the Treasury team.
- Taking responsibility for stress testing plans at both group and regulated entity levels, ensuring preparedness for going concern purposes.
- Collaborating closely with technical accounting colleagues to ensure accurate reflection of IFRS accounting treatments in planning, reporting, and analysis.
Management reporting and analysis
Collaborating closely with the Group Financial Controller, you will oversee the monthly management reporting process. This includes producing KPIs and board packs, accompanied by insightful commentary on performance and trends.
- Qualified Accountant (ICAEW, CIMA or equivalent), with several years of post qualified experience
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Experience of managing an FP&A team and owning an annual budgeting process
- Experience of working at the Executive level, and preferably experience at Board level in terms of report writing and presentations
- Project Management skills and ability to build cross-functional relationships
- A clear and logical approach to problem-solving with the ability to interpret both financial and non-financial impacts of commercial decisions
Please reach out to Josh Duggan for more information.