Back to jobs
Job Description: Senior Audit Manager (Data Risk)
- Part of the internal audit team, providing independent assurance on internal control, risk management, and governance.
- Support audit plan delivery with in West Midlands with occasional travel to other locations.
- Independently conduct internal audits, including complex assignments.
- Draft high-quality, impactful audit reports addressing root causes.
- Apply technical data risk expertise to assess technology risks and contribute to the audit plan.
- Build strong business relationships with data management and control groups.
- Monitor data activities and develop necessary audit responses.
- Collaborate with audit, risk, compliance, and IT to promote a robust risk management and control culture.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- 5+ years auditing data management/governance control frameworks.
- Expertise in auditing data risk across traditional and cloud technologies.
- Experience with data migration and agile methodologies in large-scale transformation programs.
- Strong data analytics experience.
- Stakeholder relationship management to a senior level.
- Specialist knowledge of data governance, data management, data flows, and quality standards.
- Understanding of data-related program and project management.
- Knowledge of the relevant industry (desirable).
Skill and Competency Requirements:
- High motivation and ability to work under pressure.
- Effective influence and persuasion skills.
- Quick assimilation of information in unfamiliar situations.
- Excellent attention to detail and data analysis.
- Strong communication skills (listening, verbal, written, presentation).
- Proven project management competence.
- Bachelor's degree in technology, data, or a related field.
- Industry qualifications such as CISA, CRISC, and CDPSE.
- Industry-recognized program management qualifications (desirable).