Pensions Fund Accountant - Based anywhere in the UK - Salary dependant on location (£40-45,000PA)
Broadgate is partnered with a global financial institution who are looking to recruit a Pensions Fund Accountant. You will have a few years' experience working in a similar role with a solid understanding of pension schemes. You will be involved in completing the preparation of the annual pension scheme report and financial statements and liaising and building relationships with the auditors and Trustees.
Whilst the business goes through a large period of growth you will have the opportunity to develop within the team.
- Complete the preparation of the annual pension scheme report and financial statements for a portfolio of clients in accordance with current statutory and regulatory requirements
- Liaising and building relationships with the auditors and Trustees to ensure that pension scheme reports and financial statements are completed in line with client requirements and signed off within statutory deadlines
- Complete year end investment manager reconciliations
- Complete nominal ledger reconciliations as required
- Maintaining required technical knowledge and expertise, and sharing best practice with colleagues within the team
- Oversee the daily treasury function for several scheme bank accounts ensuring that scheme cash books are updated on a daily basis
- Review the production of the monthly bank reconciliations
- AAT/ACCA part-qualified or QBE (qualified is preferable)
- Experience of working within the specialised area of pension scheme accounting is preferable
- Strong bookkeeping skills with practical experience