Broadgate are working with a major Bnaking company to recruit for their internal audit team. This is a great role for anyone that wants to gain exposure working in an established player in the Financial Services industry.
You will report directly to an Audit Manager in one of the respective teams. You will work as part of a team delivering audits in the designated area. Your team will comprise of colleagues with varying audit and business experience who are hard-working and keen to deliver a first class service for our internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate a professional approach to auditing and a knowledge of governance and risk management and control;
- Conduct and / or support the execution of audits that contribute to the wider audit opinion, in a manner that is consistent with Group Internal Audit standards, methodologies and processes;
- Manage conflicting but equally important priorities effectively, working to tight deadlines;
- Deliver high quality written reports on relevant governance, risk management and control issues;
- Assist in the delivery of high quality Management Information to relevant Board and Senior Management committees;
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with a wide range of senior stakeholders across; and,
- Be committed to continuing professional and personal development.
- A strong understanding of governance, risk management and control; and with knowledge of industry initiatives and professional best practice gained from either a risk, finance, Technology, IT, Banking and / or similar related discipline;
- An understanding of one or more of the following: Audit, Risk (e.g. Credit Risk, Capital & Liquidity Risk, Operational Risk), Compliance, Finance, Data, Treasury, the Regulatory Environment (incl. SREP processes) technology, risk, change management, retail banking, HR and / or similar related discipline* ;
- Be highly organised and demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively in a multi-task and multi-focus environment;
- The candidate is self-led, is highly motivated and can use their own initiative;
- Possess a natural attention to detail;
- Be highly motivated and possess strong commercial awareness.
- Strong people engagement skills, with an ability to manage difficult conversations and gain buy-in from senior stakeholders; both internal and external;
- 3+ years' experience in one or more of the following areas: Audit, Finance, Risk, Regulatory, Capital, Liquidity, Credit, Treasury, Data, Compliance, Technology, Cloud, Cybersecurity, Digital Development, Change, Project Management Retail Banking, HR or a related role or a related role*;
- Knowledge of data (e.g. SQL, SAS) is desirable;
- An appropriate professional risk, internal audit or accounting qualification (or demonstrable pursuit of same) is desirable but not essential.