Senior IT Internal Audit Analyst
Location: London or Manchester
Working Arrangement: Hybrid Working - 3 days in the office
Salary: Circa £60K (dependent on experience/location) + Excellent Benefits
Introduction: The IT Internal Audit Senior Analyst role, based in London or Manchester, offers a significant opportunity to contribute to strategic goals by ensuring effective IT risk management, control, and governance processes. This position plays a vital role in providing independent and objective assurance to senior management, the Board, and the Audit Committee.
- IT Assurance Work (Ad-hoc Assignments): The Senior Analyst will be responsible for undertaking IT assurance work and other ad-hoc assignments directed by the IT Audit Manager and Head of Internal Audit - IT.
- Audit Planning and Delivery: Leading the planning and delivery of IT assurance work, the Senior Analyst will suggest changes to decrease risk, cost, and increase control across business units.
- Reporting: The role involves delivering high-quality reports of completed audits to management through effective verbal and written communication.
- Annual Audit Plans: The Senior Analyst will assist in developing annual audit plans and providing advice to the business around audits.
- Audit Program Development: Overseeing the development of the audit program, the Senior Analyst will prepare audit papers and reports and present findings to the business.
- Team Management: In addition to individual audit oversight, the role includes managing analysts, including the allocation and review of audit work, and providing day-to-day support and advice.
Key Skills Required:
- Qualifications: The ideal candidate should be qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, PIIA, CMIIA, CISA, or equivalent) if from the UK or hold an equivalent overseas qualification.
- Experience: A significant background in IT audit, including Internal Audit experience in a regulated environment, is necessary. Experience in financial services, insurance, and healthcare provision is advantageous.
- Frameworks: Knowledge of IT frameworks, including COBIT, ITIL, NIST, and ISO standards, is essential.
- Information Security: A strong understanding of information security concepts and IT governance, risk, and control principles is required.
- Risk Management: The role demands sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles, along with an understanding of audit philosophy, methods, and techniques (e.g., flowcharting, interviewing, presentation).
Conclusion: This role presents an exciting opportunity for a qualified professional to contribute significantly to IT risk management, control, and governance. The emphasis on diversity and inclusion aligns with the company's values.