VP - Model Risk Manager
Would you like to further your career in an international financial services company?
Do you want to challenge the groups existing models to ensure they are fit for purpose?
How does a cross functional role where you build and maintain relationships across the business sound?
If you answered yes, then you are in the right place!
- Support the Chief Risk Officer, as chair of the Model Management Committee, and the Head of Model Management in effective oversight and governance of all Risk models used, or in development, by the group.
- Challenge and work with Risk ExCo heads, Risk teams, model owners, model developers and Group Model Risk Management to ensure models and methodologies are consistent and appropriate for the group.
- Support appropriate reviews of internal models operating in BE and challenge the suitability and appropriateness for the BE portfolio, working with Risk teams and the model owner, of models to be submitted to the Independent Validation Unit for use in the group.
- Support Head of Model Management to ensure that Risk-specific reporting for Model Risk is appropriate, timely and accurate, by working with relevant stakeholders.
- Support the Head of Model Management in engagement with external auditors and with the groups regulators.
- Support adherence to the Group Model Risk Management (MRM) Framework for Risk.
- Support ad hoc projects requested by ExCo, Risk Management Committee or other management.
- Support as required, the operation group specific and select Group committees, forums, and meetings relevant to models, including senior management briefings as relevant.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with other Risk practices, Finance, and the businesses in addition to audit and regulators, to ensure that issues are identified and addressed appropriately.
- Work with model owners and relevant Risk teams to ensure the roll out of tools necessary to adequately address the model risk control framework.
- Work with Model Ownership Areas, Risk teams, model developers and other stakeholders to support model improvement initiatives based on materiality, complexity, and other relevant model characteristics.
- Propose model improvements to stakeholders, collecting and sharing best practices - ability to influence is key to success.
If you have the below experience, you're likely to be suitable;
- Experience in multiple areas of models subject to regulatory oversight/approval.
- Proven expertise with the EU regulation of internal models for one or more model types.
- Extensive overall risk management experience. Strong business and risk judgement.
- Ability to challenge, influence, and drive implementation of change and best practice.
- Solid experience in a quantitative analytics/model validation role with modelling experience in market risk, counterparty credit risk, liquidity, credit (wholesale, retail) and/or impairment models with aptitude to engage across different risk and model types.
- Competent in the use of R, Python, possibly SAS or other data management software.
- Solid experience of organisation of, and engagement within, senior governance committees.
- Solid experience of engagement with regulators and auditors.
What they can offer you;
- Discretionary Bonus
- Car allowance
- & More!
If this sounds like your next career move, please apply or reach out