Senior Prudential Risk Analyst
What you'll be doing
This is a role in the Prudential Risk team at a Bank. This team is part of the Risk and Compliance Function. The role reports into the Head of Prudential Risk.
The Prudential Risk Team is responsible for the oversight of capital, liquidity and market risks within a bank. These are critical areas for the bank as it continues to grow and develop. The role will involve the review and challenge of key regulatory and business processes, identifying risks and issues and ensuring that the Bank develops best practice and meets regulatory rules and expectations. The role will require extensive engagement with Treasury and Finance areas of the bank.
We are looking for candidates that have a background in banking and finance and some knowledge of capital and liquidity regulatory requirements. We expect the successful candidate to be a quick learner who will be able to grow and develop into the role.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills given the importance of developing relationships across the bank and will need to be able to work in an open and collaborative environment. The successful candidate will also need to have good writing and analytical skills.
What you'll bring to the team
The role forms a key part of a small team providing oversight across prudential risks (capital, liquidity, and market risk) including regulatory reporting, climate change and broader strategic considerations. Specific activities include.
- Working with the Prudential Risk Analyst, to produce comprehensive monitoring and tracking of regulatory developments and actions alongside the production of high-quality reporting.
- Undertaking detailed reviews of key regulatory reporting submissions to thePRA covering liquidity, capital and market risk. This includes:
- Managing and continuing to develop the framework, schedule and approach to regulatory reporting reviews.
- Working with the Regulatory reporting team in Finance and the Treasury team to scope reviews
- To undertake detailed assessment and identification of issues, to ensure compliance with regulatory guidance and expectations and make recommendations for improvement.
- To produce high-quality reporting for relevant committees documenting the findings and recommendations from the review
- To ensure the recommendations and tracked and implemented by Finance and Treasury teams respectively.
- To support the Head of Prudential Risk in the review of key regulatory documents including the ICAAP, ILAAP and Recovery Plan. This includes reviewing sections of these documents and identifying issues or areas of development, setting out action plans with the business and tracking resolution to completion.
- To contribute to the ongoing development of the team, evolving its processes and ensuring that best practice is deployed appropriately.
- Generous holiday allowance, with a day off for your birthday and Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve!
- Paid community volunteering
- Company-wide, profit-sharing bonus
- Pension plan - we'll contribute up to 10% of your annual salary
- Life assurance and personal accident cover
We promote flexibility around how and where we work so that you can achieve a healthier work-life balance. For most roles, we operate a hybrid working model, splitting the week between the office and home. The exact details will be confirmed with you as part of your recruitment journey.
We welcome diversity and we care about inclusion. That's why we want you to be your whole self at work. We believe an inclusive workplace is good for each of us, great for our customers and better for our business. Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Network meets regularly to share challenges, experience, and ideas to build a more equal, diverse and inclusive business.
We listen to your point of view, with our People Forum and regular employee surveys making sure you can use your voice and influence our future.
We offer a range of support to help you care for your wellbeing, from our free Employee Assistance Programme to our qualified Wellbeing team who are on hand to connect you with the help you need to get more out of life.
We want you to reach your potential and, as a Platinum Investors in People employer, we'll encourage you to learn and develop by building a personalised development plan together with your manager.
Be a part of it!
Our employees tell us that the best thing about the Bank is the people! So, if you're looking for an energetic, friendly team with a great set of values to help you take the next step in your career, apply now and let's grow together!