Join a leading financial services organisation in a key role as Senior Financial Crime Manager. In this varied role you will make a significant impact on the commitment to excellence and integrity in financial operations and act as deputy MLRO.
Position Overview: As the Senior Financial Crime Manager, you'll ensure strict adherence to regulatory guidelines, playing a crucial role in safeguarding the organisation and its subsidiaries from financial crime risks.
Reporting Line: Directly reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, you'll contribute to the robust compliance framework.
Direct Reports: Lead and manage a collaborative team of individuals, fostering high performance and proactive management.
- Ensure adherence to Fraud Prevention Guidelines and Financial Crime Policy.
- Serve as Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer with the aim of obtaining FCA approval as MLRO (SMF17).
- Conduct proactive horizon scanning for financial crime risks.
- Develop and author the Financial Crime Risk Management Framework.
- Lead the Financial Crime Team, overseeing investigations and transaction monitoring.
- Provide expertise for Society change initiatives and represent the Society on trade body panels.
- Minimum 5 years of financial crime/AML experience within a financial institution.
- Capability to work towards FCA approval as MLRO (SMF17).
- Exceptional communication skills for conveying technical information.
- Possess a relevant Financial Crime/AML qualification (Certificate level minimum).
- Desirable experience with database mining techniques and Fraud Detection systems.
- Advantageous experience in Mortgage Fraud and Online transactional fraud.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven leadership with a minimum of 3 years in a team management role.
Please reach out to discuss this unique opportunity further. This is a hybrid opportunity where you will have the flexibility to balance your work and life whilst combatting financial crime.