COMMERCIAL LEGAL COUNSEL - GLOBAL FIRM!
Broadgate are delighted to be working with a global consultancy who are seeking an in-house and experienced Commercial and Corporate advisory lawyer to join their established and world re known team.
Working as part of a global/ international legal team, this team manages quality and risk across all aspects of the wider business. This team is rapidly expanding and enhancing the ways in which it partners with the business. The team currently consists of five lawyers together with a broad mix of people with other skill-sets and backgrounds, including risk professionals, auditors, data privacy experts, financial crime experts, and ethics experts.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing, business-critical team supporting our people to deliver the highest quality for our clients and stakeholders and manage the risks to our business. The role is a key hire for the company's legal team and will give exposure to high-quality, interesting work across all aspects of the business.
- Client contracting: working with other members of the legal team and with colleagues across our business, lead negotiations on client contracts, delivering commercially focused results which protect our business and brand,
- Vendor/supplier relationships: own all legal aspects of our third-party vendor relationships, including contractual frameworks, on-boarding, privacy and anti-corruption,
- Legal advisory: advise our client-serving and internal services teams in a commercial, business orientated way that helps drive the continued success of the company in the market while helping manage legal risk,
- Regulatory and contentious matter: work with our General Counsel on managing the company's regulatory framework and handling of contentious matters, including litigation,Work with internal legal teams across both North and South Europe as the Ireland representative on pan-European client negotiations, shared services agreements, and internal legal initiatives.
Key skills required
- 5yrs Irish or UK qualified lawyer with a strong background in Corporate Advisory, Commercial Tech, Commercial Contracts and wider Commercial knowledge and PQE,
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate in plain, business-friendly English,
- Commercial awareness and an ability to provide legal guidance and advice suitable to the competitive landscape in which the Firm operates,
- Strong relationship building skills, including the ability to advise and influence partner-level internal clients,
- Business partnering mindset to help guide our colleagues and business in understanding and using the optimal legal solutions to achieve our business goals.
If interested, contact Declan Frith at Broadgate. All conversations will be conducted with the strictest confidence.