In this varied role you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the legal affairs of a FTSE listed organisation. You will provide legal guidance and strategic advice to the executive team and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The General Counsel serves as the primary legal advisor, representing the organization's interests in legal matters and managing relationships with external legal counsel. The ideal candidate will have a breadth of technical expertise including commercial contracts, litigation, corporate governance and managing risk.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A qualified lawyer with a minimum of 10 years' experience in a corporate legal department or reputable law firm.
- A 'hands-on' approach to include reviewing and negotiating contracts and other legal documents to protect the organisations interests.
- Proven organisational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels.
- Commercially aware.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic/business plans.
- High ethical standards and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality and professional conduct.
- Sound analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to excel in high-pressure situations.
In this fast paced role you will partner with key stakeholders and senior decision makers including:
- The Executive including the CEO and CFO.
- Leadership teams.
- Central functions.
- The organisations North America and Canada business.
This is a business critical, and a newly created position where you will report directly into the CEO. You will initially be managing a small team of 2 further lawyers and this opportunity will therefore suit a practical lawyer who enjoys being hands-on. If you would like to work in a fantastic work environment, in a very supportive and family friendly business, please apply. This is a hybrid opportunity requiring no more than 1-2 days in the office on a weekly basis in the North West.