Head of Company Secreteriat
- Posted 05 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFinance, Accounting & Audit, Legal & Company Secretarial
- Contact NameAkil Meghji
I am working with a well established financial services firm who are looking for a Company secretary manager and assistant manager to join their Dublin team.
In this role, you will provide advice and guidance to the board of directors, executive management team, and all business units on corporate governance and compliance matters. You will also be responsible for managing the company's secretariat function, ensuring that all board and committee meetings are efficiently organised and recorded, and that all minutes and actions are taken and followed up on.
1. Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements in all jurisdictions where the company operates, including overseeing compliance with company law and all other relevant legislation.
2. Provide advice and guidance to the board of directors, executive management team, and all business units on corporate governance and company secretarial matters.
3. Manage the company's secretariat function, including organising board and committee meetings, drafting agendas and board papers, taking minutes, and ensuring that all actions are taken and followed up on.
4. Develop and maintain strong relationships with external advisers, including lawyers, auditors, and regulatory bodies.
Skills and Experience:
1. A recognised professional qualification (fully qualified CGI / ICSA)
2. A minimum of 5 year's experience in a similar role, with a strong track record of delivering high-quality corporate governance and compliance advice and support.
3. Excellent knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations, as well as corporate governance best practice.
4. Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and tactically.
5. Arranging and attending Board and Shareholder Meetings within a client facing role.
6. Supervising Junior members of the team.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, do apply for this position.