Broadgate are proud to be working with one of the UK's leading Investment Banking and Advisory firms (£50m t/0). Our client has acted on some of the industry's most complex and public transactions, supporting businesses and advising on strategic alternatives. Headquartered in Liverpool Street, the firm has recently ventured into the US opening a New York office.
My client is looking for an Senior Accountant to join the team in London, who will report directly to the Financial Controller.
- Ownership of VAT returns, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and timely submission.
- Handling expenses management, including the verification, processing, and reconciliation of employee expense claims.
- Conducting sanctions checks and maintaining accurate records.
- Managing accounts payable, overseeing the processing of invoices, payments, and supplier reconciliations.
- Preparation of standard accounting entries as part of the month-end close process
- Monitoring accounts receivable, ensuring timely collection of outstanding invoices and resolving any payment issues.
- Ensure all relevant IFRS accounting issues are considered, with their impact understood. In addition, act as a point of contact for areas across the business for IFRS technical accounting queries.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant technical statutory reporting requirements and a working knowledge of other relevant reporting requirements.
- Other ad hoc projects and admin duties
Qualifications and Skills:
- Qualified ACCA/ACA.
- Industry experience in a banking or financial services environment.
- Knowledge and experience using SAGE.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate in a boutique firm.