Assistant Accountant - Cambridge - up to £35,000PA - Biotech Company
Broadgate are delighted to be supporting a rewarding, SME bio-tech company searching for an experienced Assistant Accountant for their Cambridge office.
-Hybrid working offered (2 days at home)
Joining a growing finance team, you will be a part of leading the purchase invoice process, assisting with the monthly management accounts and VAT returns. Working closely with the FC and FD you will gain exposure to the wider finance function to enhance your career within the finance field.
- Processing purchase orders, invoices and pay runs
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Assisting with invoice queries for suppliers
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepayments and accruals
- Maintaining the fixed assets register
- VAT returns
Qualifications & Experience:
- AAT Qualified would be desirable or studying towards
- Experience in a similar role within finance - minimum of 2-3 years
- A self-starter with a high degree of energy and careful attention to detail. Strong sense of initiative and a process-improvement mindset.
In addition, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £35k, based in Cambridge (hybrid working offered), private healthcare, bonus scheme and 25 days holiday + bank holidays.