To act as commpliance Business Partner for the EMEA reinsurance business, in the best interests of the company. Ensure professional, strategic and operational compliance risk-management is in place and that the business is compliant with appropriate systems and controls by supporting it in meeting its regulatory objectives through delivering policy and advisory support, leading compliance projects, monitoring changes in regulation and performing impact analyses and embedding professional standards.
- Balance business opportunities and other commercial considerations, where appropriate, with compliance risks to maximise corporate performance and minimise financial, regulatory or reputational loss
- Act as a 'trusted advisor' to the business, working together to find compliant commercial solutions but will also need on occasion to be a source of challenge
- Work with the EMEA operations to provide support, advice and guidance on the compliance framework and policies and procedures and guide the business to identify, assess and manage compliance risk and meet professional standards set by the Group and regulatory requirements
- Provide compliance oversight and reporting to the department's senior management.
- Provide input to the relevant executive and committee meetings
- Provide focused specialist compliance advice to staff taking into account business / consumer needs, external best practice and regulatory requirements. Bring challenge to EMEA senior management and make supportive interventions aimed at managing compliance within the business
- Assist with the management and delivery of compliance work including scheduled and ad hoc strategic projects; including:
- The development and implementation of an effective framework supported by risk-based policies and procedures designed to deliver compliance with relevant regulatory requirements
- The development and implementation of appropriate domestic and international professional standards in response to new rules, guidance, regulatory standards and Group policy
- Provide compliance work stream support on business-led projects and M&A integration projects