This position assists in the development and execution of risk focused TPA annual audits as part of the annual audit plan, including follow up and closure of any audit actions. This role is involved in the oversight and monitoring of outsourced service providers. Developing clear and concise deliverables, including audit reports, remediation plans and performance reports to key stakeholders such as the Outsourcing Committee and EMT.
Essential Job Functions
- Contribute to the development of the annual TPA audit plan;
- Participate in the development & execution of quality, risk focused and professional TPA audits.
- Maintain a strong ongoing relationship with branch management, TPAs, internal auditors and external auditors.
- Assist in the tracking and monitoring of TPA audit outputs, remediation plans and report status to Outsourcing Committee and other relevant Committees.
- Help identify TPA themes, trends, and emerging risks for escalation and communication to the Internal TPA Relationship Manager and relevant Committees.
- Evaluate TPA internal controls and processes in order to provide objective and challenging risk based assurance in relation to business risk.
- Take ownership of the Audit modules of the TPA audit management system (DART) to ensure alignment with audit plan and scope.
- Engage with Intra Group companies to ensure audit standards are upheld throughout the organisation.
- Liaise with other teams such as the Due Diligence (DD) team, Claims and/or Underwriting as and when required in relation to potential synergies across the Audit, DD and QA processes.
- Ensure you complete all mandatory and job specific training requirements in line with the required time frames.
- Complete the required number of hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as it pertains to your role and applicable qualifications and ensure this is logged in Workday.
- Fully participate in all applicable fitness and proprietary and Performance Review processes. Promptly advise your line manager/HR as to any matter that may be relevant and/or impact your ability to perform in your role.
- Other duties may be assigned in order to meet the on-going needs of the organisation
- Qualifications, Experience, Competence
- Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or another business related discipline
- Part-qualified or qualified professional accountant, e.g. ACCA/ACA/CPA
- Candidates without a relevant part or full qualification will be considered where relevant work experience is evident, and they are prepared to complete a relevant qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in either internal and/or external audit in a chartered accountancy firm (Big 4 or other relevant) or relevant experience gained in a Legal or Regulatory/Compliance environment
- Experience working with Financial services clients (in particular the insurance industry) would be advantageous. '
- Strong organisational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities. Good time management, working well under pressure to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationship with external business partners and inter-group entities.
- Strong issue identification/analysis and problem solving skills.
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high-quality work standard.
- Flexible, resourceful and adaptable skills working in a growth environment.
- Willingness to travel throughout Europe as part of role in order to conduct relevant audits and related work as deemed necessary.