The purpose of this role is:
To oversee and manage regulatory developments for the Group and support the Compliance Advisory Team as required.
The main duties of the role:
- Oversee regulatory horizon scanning for the Group.
- Prepare and if required, present, reports on regulatory developments to senior management committees.
- Contribute to regulatory change projects as required.
- Act as the compliance lead for upcoming ESG related regulatory changes including the FCA rules on climate-related disclosures for asset managers.
- Escalate any significant issues, weaknesses or outstanding action items to the Head of Compliance Advisory
Where required assist the Compliance Advisory team in providing day-to-day compliance advice to the business in areas such as:
- Financial Promotions
- Takeover Panel & Major Shareholding Disclosures
- Suitability of Advice
- Vulnerable Clients
- Market abuse
- Conflicts of interests
- Product Governance
- Best Execution
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Highly organised, methodical, efficient and able meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Professional and concise written style
- Confident in providing advice and recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Able to work on own initiative but also accept direction when necessary and learn quickly
- Good analytical skills and experience of interpreting regulations as they apply to retail investments and investors
- Good understanding of the various regulatory developments that will impact wealth management firms
- Good working knowledge of FCA Handbook particularly COBS, COLL and SYSC
- Knowledge and experience of implementing ESG related regulations
- Knowledge and experience of SM&CR
- Knowledge and experience of CASS
- Experience gained within financial services, ideally including a discretionary investment management, wealth management, financial planning and funds businesses
- Experience of implementing regulatory change
- Experience of horizon scanning