Back to jobs
Risk & Compliance Business Partner - Insurance
- Posted 24 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineCompliance & Financial Crime
- Contact NameTerry Wetters
My client has a fantastic opportunity for a RISK & COMPLIANCE BUSINESS PARTNER to build strong working relationships across the business, lead the Risk and Compliance service for the relevant firm, and support in the embedding of robust risk and compliance processes.
- Lead on implementation and embedding of the Risk Management Framework, including the identification, monitoring and reporting of risks and related controls, completion of control declarations and recording, reporting and escalation of risk events and near misses
- Lead the implementation and embedding of the Conduct Risk Framework, including the maintenance of risk registers, conduct risk reporting and oversight and monitoring
- Monitor and challenge relevant firms in the implementation and embedding of the Group Policies and Minimum Standards, ensuring that appropriate training takes place.
- Complete Board and Executive reporting on Risk and Compliance matters, ensuring key issues are raised; attend management meetings, highlighting key risk and compliance matters
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place for approval of any new producers (producing broker/agency/AR/IAR) and the monitoring of existing arrangements, including robust due diligence, ensuring TOBAs in place with all producers, and an up to date TOBA register
- Ensure an appropriate process is in place for approval of any new Insurer relationships including compliance with the TOBA and Security Process Policy
- Provide support and challenge for all risk and regulatory compliance issues, using MI and challenging management to ensure all risk and compliance issues are appropriately identified and addressed
- Ensure an appropriate Complaints Management process is in place, including all complaints are identified, handled and recorded effectively, and completing all FOS complaints; ensuring root cause is carried out and appropriate actions taken
- Ensure a Breach Management process is in place so breaches are identified, handled and recorded effectively, and that root cause analysis is carried out and appropriate actions taken.
- Ensure a File Review process is in place, using the File Checker System, so that file audit targets are met and an appropriate feedback mechanism is in place; ensure that QA of file audits and analysis of the themes is completed and appropriate actions taken
- Assist the Compliance Monitoring team and Internal Audit function with reviews, supporting relevant firms in completing agreed risk and compliance actions on time
- Assist with the implementation of regulatory change, ensuring staff are provided with guidance on application of relevant laws, regulations and standards, keeping up to date with those requirements, and advising on changes required to ensure continued compliance
- Complete regulatory application(s) in relation to permissions, persons and controllers where required (via Connect where applicable)
- Ensure that staff in firms in the region are provide with sufficient and appropriate training on risk and regulatory compliance issues
- Support management in the embedding of the required risk and compliance culture, highlighting any exceptions