An exciting Fintech crypto firm is seeking a transaction and customer monitoring expert to join our Financial Crimes Compliance team. Reporting to the Global Head of Financial Crimes Compliance, the Senior Director, Financial Crimes Monitoring, will own the end-to-end customer monitoring lifecycle, including transaction monitoring, investigations, and Suspicious Activity Reporting. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience designing transaction monitoring systems and scenarios and overseeing investigation processes, and is looking to find creative approaches to detect and investigate financial crimes in the fast-changing crypto ecosystem.
What you'll work on:
* Acting as the primary architect for the company's global AML/CTF transaction monitoring program, including the definition of scenarios, rules, and thresholds. * Being the primary decision-maker on the best methods by which the company will identify and address new and emerging typologies and trends, and monitor proactively for suspicious behavior.
* Overseeing the investigation processes globally, including alert-driven reviews and proactive monitoring of customers and activity in all jurisdictions.
* Enhancing transaction monitoring based on SARs filed and broader ecosystem intelligence.
* Partnering with Compliance Data & Technology, Product, and Engineering teams to implement enhancements to the transaction monitoring systems.
* Driving scenario testing and tuning exercises to identify optimal transaction monitoring scenarios and thresholds.
* Identifying opportunities to improve the overall efficacy of the monitoring program, including but not limited to, the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence to detect unusual activity and adjudicate alerts. * Staying at the forefront of money laundering, terrorist financing, and other financial crimes regulations, risks, and typologies, and technologies to detect suspicious activity.
What you'll bring to the company:
* A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
* B.A./B.S. degree; quantitative or technical degree a plus.
* 15+ years of relevant experience in AML/CFT, with a minimum of 5+ years developing transaction monitoring programs.
* 10+ years of experience managing and leading teams.
* Deep knowledge of global financial crimes transaction monitoring programs and systems.
* Deep understanding of cryptocurrency transactions, risks, and typologies.
* Experience with blockchain analytics and monitoring platforms, such as TRM Labs, Chainalysis, or Elliptic.
*Thorough understanding of investigations processes and tools, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements in the U.S. and beyond.
* An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
* Proven experience working collaboratively and effectively with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and internal teams
. * Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
* CGSS, CAMS, or CFCS certification is a plus.
* Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS, and GSuite.