Employment Type: Permanent
Reporting lines: Direct line to AFS CEO (Management Board chairman) Management Board and Supervisory Board
We are currently looking for a Chief Internal Auditor to support our growing operations in the Audit department who will lead Apex Fund Services' Internal Audit function. Provide independent, objective assurance services designed to add value and improve the Company's operations. Enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. Support the Company in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes.
The mission, scope, duties, authority and values of this function are described in the Internal Audit Charter of the Company.
- Plans and performs audit missions to assess whether risks relating to the achievement of strategic objectives are appropriately identified and managed including that:
- established processes, controls and systems enable compliance with the policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and governance standards;
- operations or programs are being carried out effectively and efficiently;
- information and the means used to identify, measure, analyze, classify, and report such information are reliable and have integrity; and
- resources and assets are acquired economically, used efficiently, and protected adequately.
- Submits, at least annually, to the Management Board, a risk-based internal audit plan for review and approval.
- Reviews and adjusts the internal audit plan, as necessary, in response to changes in business, risks, operations, programs, systems, and controls.
- Ensures each engagement of the internal audit plan is executed, including the establishment of objectives and scope, the documentation of work programs and testing results, and the communication of engagement results with applicable conclusions and recommendations to appropriate parties.
- Follows up on engagement findings and corrective actions, and reports periodically to the Supervisory Board, Management Board and the Internal Control Committee (ICC) any corrective actions not effectively implemented
- Cooperates closely with Group stakeholders and ensures that the Group Internal Audit standards are applied accurately
- Coordinates activities with those of external auditors and other control functions (risk management, compliance)